Rootology loves DIY scrubs! The ingredients found in this recipe have wonderful healing qualities. Oatmeal is full of anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds and is known for its skin-soothing properties including moisturizing dry skin, providing relief from itching, rashes and other minor skin irritations. Honey provides natural antibacterial and healing properties to soothe and clarify the skin. Almond oil is very light and not greasy at all. It cleans skin pores and helps moisturize and nourish it – and it’s especially great of acne prone skin.
- Two parts oatmeal (ground up finely in a blender or food processor)
- One part honey
- One part sweet almond oil (or coconut or olive oil – which ever you prefer)
- Mix everything together until it’s a thick sticky mixture.
- Feel free to add a little extra oil or even a few drops of water if it’s too sticky or clumpy.
- Smooth onto face and rub into skin for a couple of minutes and then rinse off.