5 Natural Tips To Manage Winter Allergies
Don't let winter allergies like cedar pollen get you down! Peek our 5 natural tips to beat the sniffles below.
- Ginger is a natural antihistamine. To use as a natural allergy relief, make tea out of it with boiling water to help alleviate symptoms.
- Invest in a neti pot, a small “tea pot” that allows you to flush your nasal cavities with water. Best used in the shower, these devices do take a bit of practice. But neti pots are inexpensive and very effective.
- Grape seed extract is good to take when you have allergy symptoms in the wintertime and all year long. Grape seed extract, like red wine, contains flavonoids. Flavoinoids are helpful in calming any sniffle flair-ups.
- If you have access to a steam room at your local gym or recreation center, check it out. Steam has a way of removing allergens from your skin, nasal passages, and lungs.
- If you suffer from airborne allergies in warmer climates, close your windows and crank up the air conditioning.