Let's face it: this winter wreaked havoc on our skin. Not only did the season leave it dry, but the wind, low-humidity and intense indoor heat also made our complexions appear dull. We give you our secret weapon for radiant skin year-round... Apple cider vinegar!
Apple cider vinegar’s malic and tartaric act as exfoliants and astringents do, drawing toxins, unclogging pores and making dry dull skin look radiant. The acids in the vinegar force your old skin cells to flake off, much like the store-bought “alpha hydroxy” products, yet it is safer and much cheaper. Plus, apple cider vinegar seals in moisture so skin stays soft and is less prone to developing wrinkles.
Yield: Approximately one month of daily applications. The solution will stay fresh if kept in the refrigerator.
1/2 ounce organic apple cider vinegar
3 ounces mineral water
5 plain aspirin tablets, uncoated
- Dilute 1/2 ounce organic apple cider vinegar with 4 ounces of mineral water.
- Use pestle and mortar to crush aspirin tablets.
- Add aspirin tablet mixture to water and vinegar mix.
- Apply toner sparingly to areas with acne, rough skin or enlarged pores.
- Use daily for a softer, brighter complexion. If you have delicate skin, use this sparingly.
- Mikler, Lauren. "10 Things You Need To Start Doing For Your Skin This Winter." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 06 Jan. 2014. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
- "Homemade Apple Cider and Aspirin Toner." Good Housekeeping. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.