If you have a sweet tooth but you're on a weight-loss journey, this banana bread smoothie is the answer to your prayers — a dessert that's actually good for you, thanks to its protein status.
Clocking in at over 34 grams of protein per serving, this tasty beverage will regulate your appetite, keeping you full and satisfied all morning long. Chopped walnuts are tossed into the mix for their nutty flavor and anti-inflammatory benefits, while the addition of metabolism-boosting cinnamon ties the smoothie together for dessert-inspired perfection.
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (for dairy-free, add silken tofu)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 medium banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
This recipe was originally Lizzie Fuhr of FitSugar. We shared this recipe with you because we care to keep you healthy & happy since food is medicine. Enjoy the weekend!