Juicy and sweet, watermelon is the perfect refreshing snack. Combining the sweet fruit with bitter dark chocolate is a great mix, turning this simple fruit into a show stopping dessert. If you can’t get any watermelon, mix it up with strawberries or slices of banana; both will taste great.
Your heart loves chocolate, and the reason will make nutrition nerds swoon: A new study credits the trendiest topics in food science—inflammation and gut microbes—with making dark chocolate healthy. Give it a try with this quick and easy recipe:
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 lb seedless watermelon, cut into 1" wedges
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl set over simmering water.
- Stir until melted.
- Dip watermelon in chocolate and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired, and refrigerate. Makes 25 wedges.