Cool off with these delicious and nutritious summer treats! We found a two for one sweet and healthy watermelon shake and pop that everyone in your family will love! For breakfast or on the go, this treat is sure to make you smile!
Given its name, you might assume the fruit has little nutritional value—and it is more than 90 percent water. But a 10-ounce (300-mL) wedge of watermelon packs in about one-third of the recommended daily value of vitamins A and C, as well as a modest amount of potassium (9 percent of the daily value). Watermelon is also among the best dietary sources of lycopene, an antioxidant linked to both the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer, although scientists are still investigating the details of that connection.
- 2 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1 container (8oz.) of lemon non-fat yogurt
- 1 pint of fresh Wish Farm Strawberries- cleaned and hulled
- 1 banana medium, peeled and sliced
- Combine all in a food processor or blender.
- Add some ice and enjoy!
- For Ice pops: Using the leftovers of your shake, pour into small paper cups.
- Freeze, inserting popsicle sticks or plastic spoons when mixture is partially frozen. Set and enjoy!