Are you looking for a simple handmade gift, or do you want to pamper yourself a little bit? We're excited to share with you this luscious exfoliating lavender hand soap recipe. It will leave your skin clean, soft and oh-so pretty! Exfoliating your hands keeps them looking and feeling fantastic, and the scent of lavender is known to be calming and relaxing. But did you know that creating an exfoliating hand scrub is simple and very inexpensive? Let us show you how...
Did you know that lavender is an herb native to northern Africa and the mountainous regions of the Mediterranean. The herb is highly regarded for skin and beauty and is commonly used in fragrances and shampoos to help wash and purify the skin. Lavender oil is extracted mostly from the flowers of the lavender plant, primarily through steam distillation. The flowers of lavender are fragrant in nature and have been used for making potpourri for centuries. Traditionally, lavender essential oil has also been used in making perfumes. The oil is very useful in aromatherapy and many aromatic preparations and combinations are made using lavender oil.
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- up to 1/4 coconut oil melted (or almond oil) as needed
- 1 tablespoon dried Lavender (optional but recommended)
- 3-4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix together the sugars and slowly add the coconut or almond oil while stirring.
- Pour in as much oil as you need to get your desired consistency. Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the essential oil and the lavender.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Rub a little bit of the scrub on your body or between your hands with a little bit of water.
- Rinse with warm water to remove excess oils. It will give your skin a nice exfoliation and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth and smelling like lavender!