Let's talk about turmeric! There is an extraordinary extract that comes from the turmeric root called curcumin, this extremely effective antioxidant does wonders for our health. By adding turmeric to your diet through cooking or through the increasingly popular turmeric tea, you can help fortify your immune system and strengthen your body against disease, infection and even inflammation.
Few things in this world are as soothing as a good cup of tea to relax with after a difficult day, but the health benefits of tea drinking can be immeasurable. You’ve got your choices; a tea can be found for any palate or even ailment under the sun. Teas made from turmeric are no exception. Turmeric is a cross cultural spice that has been used in medicinal teas for years – and with good reason. Turmeric health benefits include its anti-inflammatory properties, qualities that aid in digestion, and the added benefit of cleansing the liver. Making it an invaluable addition to any diet no matter your lifestyle or current health. Peek this turmeric tea recipe.
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml good, raw honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Work the turmeric into the honey until it forms a paste. You can keep this on hand, in a jar, for whenever you'd like a cup.
- For each cup of tea, place a heaping teaspoon of the turmeric paste in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour hot (but not boiling water) into the mug, and stir well to dissolve the turmeric paste.
- Add a big squeeze of juice from a lemon, and a good amount of black pepper.
- Enjoy! Stir now and then as you drink so all the good stuff doesn't settle to the bottom, or top off with more hot water as you drink it.
Photo Credit: ABeachCottage.com