Did you know that some scents can actually improve your health? Essential oils can also help you relax or sleep, or improve your skin or digestion — their benefits go well beyond a pleasant smell. If you're feeling stressed from the hustle and bustle of life, take a moment to unwind with DIY aromatherapy shower tablets thanks to Hello Natural. Essential oils have a wide array of health benefits and shower tablets are perfect for de-stressing, relaxation and rejuvenation.
Lavender and chamomile blossoms both offer calming, soothing benefits on their own and adding essential oils provides even more benefits. Here’s a break down of what different essentials oil can do. Use a few drops of each, or pick and choose your favorites for a unique blend. Some oils also have anti-inflammatory and healing benefits, perfect when you’re fighting off an illness.
Cedar Wood – calming, soothing, sleep-promoting
Bergamot – uplifting, relaxing
Lavender – calming
Rosemary – uplifting, increases concentration, mental acuity
Lemon – refreshing, mental alertness, calming
Peppermint – revitalizing, cooling, invigorating
Eucalyptus – clarifying
- 2 cups baking soda
- 2 tablespoon dried chamomile leaves or chamomile tea, optional
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds, optional
- ½ cup water, plus a little more if needed
- Essential oils - cedar wood, bergamot, lavender, rosemary, lemon, peppermint, eucalyptus
- Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind lavender and chamomile until finely ground; combine with baking soda.
- Add just enough water to make a paste that holds together without being soupy or runny. Pack into small molds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake the molds for 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. The tablets will continue drying as they cool.
- Sprinkle the tablets with the essential oils and allow to soak in. Transfer to a jar and store until ready to use. If using silicone molds, the tablets will be easier to pop out.
- Alternatively, combine the lavender, chamomile and baking soda. Stir in 10-20 drops each of the essential oils. Do not add water. Transfer the dry mix to an airtight jar and sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of the powder on the bottom of the shower and turn on the hot water. Can also be added to bath water.