Whether you are looking for a snack, a holiday gift, or something to set out on the buffet, these pumpkin pie spiced honey roasted almonds are the recipe you need! This recipe requires minimal preparation time. In fact, all you need to do is stir the ingredients together. Once you’ve coated your almonds, you roast them in the oven for just 30 minutes. While they roast, your house will smell amazing. You can serve them hot, or allow them to cool and package them in mason jars for gift giving.
A member of the rose family, the almond is botanically related to peaches, plums, apricots and cherries. Like most nuts, almonds are a convenient, dense source of energy that packs significant amounts of several important nutrients. They’re an excellent source of heart-healthy unsaturated fatty acids, protein, vitamin E, riboflavin, magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc; as well as a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, antioxidant flavonoids and phytosterols. Ounce for ounce, raw almonds are nutritionally comparable to plain, dry roasted almonds. The nutritional profile of almonds roasted in dry heat without additional ingredients is very similar to that of the raw nut. Nuts roasted in oil or those containing added ingredients such as salt, sugar, starch or preservatives are less nutritious options. So, what are you waiting for? Try this easy, DIY recipe for yourself at home!
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of organic agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil.
- Into a bowl place your almonds. Then add cinnamon, spice, agave or honey and vanilla.
- Toss to coat each nut. Spread the nuts evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool and serve.