No matter how good (or bad) your hair looks, the cold weather will inevitable dry out our scalps causing irritation and flaking during the winter time. Extreme temperatures and stress play into this sensation. And guess what: the cold, dry weather is coming, and you can never be too prepared! Try this easy DIY winter treatment thanks to Simonetta from XOVain.com.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Tea tree oil or tea tree oil shampoo
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 Avocado
- Take the spray bottle and fill it with equal parts water and apple cider vinegar.
- Start by parting your hair at the crown and spraying into the part. Make your way from ear to ear, and try to keep the parts close together to get your entire scalp. Once your crown is completely covered, start parting and spraying the bottom half of your head. When you’re done, tie it up and let it soak for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and wash it with shampoo.
- Let your scalp soak in the shampoo for three to five minutes. Rinse everything out.
- Take your avocado and smash it up in a bowl. You can puree the avocado to make it soft like a cream. Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Start working the mixture through your hair and massage it into your scalp. It is going to be messy so have a towel handy.
- Once you’ve got your entire hair and scalp covered, put in up and let it soak. You can leave it in for a quick 30-minute mask, overnight or while you’re doing laundry. Wrap it up in a turban and sleep with it.
- When you’re done soaking, rinse your hair and wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Feel how soft and supple your hair is!