Wild blueberries are potent with nutrients for year round enjoyment. Those potent little gems are perfect for healthy breakfasts like this blueberry coconut smoothie, which is packed with probiotics and spiked with one of our favorite spices, ginger!
Grate up some ginger and take your smoothie to the next level. A ginger smoothie is creamy, yet zesty – always leaving you feeling refreshed. Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been shown to help with arthritis.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 – 2″ raw ginger (depending on on spicy you like it), minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional but wonderful when sick
- 1 cup Full-Fat coconut yogurt (Greek, if you can find it)
- 2 tbsp wheat bran, optional
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is the tastiest)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or regular milk)
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender
- Process until smooth