Looking for a boost of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and a healthful breakfast or snack? Try this delicious almond butter protein smoothie thanks to The Roasted Root!
This drink is a great way to re-set your metabolism as our bodies are very receptive to food in liquiform. This smoothie is full of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, and easy-to-digest carbohydrates. When we think of detox smoothies, we tend to think “green.” However, we also need protein and fat in order to support digestion. Keep the ingredients for this smoothie on hand, as it’s perfect to use as a blank canvas for other smoothie add-ins, such as maca powder, hemp seeds, cacao powder, and/or your favorite fruit and leafy greens.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Ground cinnamon
- Maca Powder
- Cacao Powder
- Blueberries (or fruit of choice)
- Spinach (or leafy green of choice)
- Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth.