High-quality almond butter is a great source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Let’s focus on the essential trace mineral copper. Almonds are a great source of copper! There is evidence that adequate levels of copper in your diet reduce premature greying of the hair.
Copper is also important in maintaining proper metabolism and is excellent in reducing inflammation, both of these factors can lead to premature greying of the hair. If you want to reverse or slow down your grays add almonds or almond butter to your diet. Almond butter is delicious in a smoothie lending a sweetness and creaminess. Almond butter is also a great substitute for those who normally add peanut butter to their smoothies.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt*
- 4 frozen figs
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Dash of nutmeg
- This recipe serves one smoothie equaling about 2 cups.
- Add almond milk, protein powder, frozen yogurt and frozen figs into the blender.
- Scoop almond butter into the mixture.
- Add the dash of nutmeg. Blend until smooth.