If you're having a dinner party, there's no doubt that a delicious crudités platter is a showstopper. What is less obvious is how incredible this green vegan dip recipe is. The dressing can be used as a dip for vegetables, as a creamy dressing for salads, or a sauce for a bowl of whole grains, legumes and vegetables. This sauce will make anything taste heartier and more flavorful. If you’re like us, you’ll literally be licking the bowl clean.
There are some unique ingredients for this recipe like nutritional yeast and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, but we recommend buying these as you can use them to add a ton of flavor in any vegetable dish. For a simple weeknight meal, we like to sauté cruciferous vegetables and add a small splash of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos as an alternative to salt.
- 3/4 cup almond or safflower oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of tamari
- 16 oz of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of basil, chopped
- /4 cup of tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chives, chopped
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels.
- Place the tofu and all the ingredients except water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water until consistency is thick but runny, about 1/2 a cup of water.