Soon all the snow will be gone, the ice will have melted and spring will be here for good. The grass will turn green again, daffodils will be popping up everywhere, beautiful new buds will be bursting with vibrant colors and allergies, well they’ll be here too. The only thing worse than seasonal allergies themselves is taking toxic medications to help cope with them. This turmeric and honey super booster is a total game changer, here’s how thanks to Be Radiant Be You.
You can support seasonal allergy relief with a variety of items that you can find right in your very own kitchen. Starting with turmeric, a powerhouse in fighting inflammation and bacteria. Its active ingredient — curcumin, has a strong action to aid the inflammation and swelling in the tissues of the sinuses. Turmeric benefits sufferers of hay fever, asthma, bronchitis as well as other lung problems and of course seasonal allergies.
The next is honey — the idea behind aiding in seasonal allergies is that bees become covered in pollen spores when they buzz from one flower to the next – spores which are then transferred to their honey. It is thought that by eating that honey, even just a spoonful a day, it can build your immunity through gradual exposure. The key here is to make sure you are using raw, local, unfiltered honey. Much different than the translucent golden stuff you buy at the grocer. Raw unheated honey, is full of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and powerful antioxidants. It has powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Organic raw apple cider vinegar is used for numerous medicinal purposes such as boosting immunity, controlling weight and caring for the skin and hair; it promotes alkalinity and pH balance of the body, which is one reason why it works great as a natural remedy to ward off all types of allergies. Raw apple cider vinegar is unfiltered, unheated + unpasteurized and contains live enzymes and if you take a good look at a jar of apple cider vinegar you will see little floating strands of this in the cider. These are the living enzymes that work to fight off infection and bring balance back to your body.
- 1/4 cup local, raw honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Mix your ground turmeric in a small mixing bowl or with a mortar + pestle to loosen all clumps smooth into a fine powder.
- Add in the honey, lemon zest and apple cider vinegar. Whisk or stir until smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- As a warm tonic — mix 1 tablespoon with 12 – 16 ounces of warm water + sip
- As a toast topping — 2 teaspoons spread on top whole grain toast
- In a green drink — blend or stir in a tablespoon into your green smoothie or juice
- Down the hatch — 1 large spoonful daily