Let's celebrate 'Wellness Wednesday'! Try a DIY vegan smoothie with peaches, rolled oats, chia seeds, and a touch of sweetness from OJ and banana. Creamy, nutritious and lovely for breakfast or snack.his recipe features two ripe peaches as the star ingredient, frozen banana adds sweetness and texture, and orange juice adds a bit of tartness. Chia seeds make it gel up a bit and thicken, plus add a ton of health perks. And the oats provide tons o’ fiber, manganese and what-not. Oy!
- 2 ripe peaches, quartered, pits removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free for G-free eaters)
- 1/2 frozen banana (peeled before freezing)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp agave, maple syrup or stevia for added sweetness (or honey for non-vegan)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and let set for 5-10 minutes so the oats and chia seeds can soak. Then blend until smooth.
- To thicken, add another quarter-half a frozen banana. To thin, add more almond milk or OJ.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a touch of agave.
- Serve immediately.