Hair treatments for dry or damaged hair can be extremely effective at moisturizing locks and increasing shine. However, they often come at a cost, and it’s an expensive one! This all natural, simple homemade banana and honey hair mask is perfect for addressing a variety of hair needs. Honey is featured in this recipe for its various benefits, as it is a humectant which helps retain moisture. It also softens and smooths hair, stimulates hair growth, and is naturally antibacterial, which promotes a healthy scalp.
- 1/2 cup raw, organic honey
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend ingredients together until a pureed consistency.
- Apply from top of head to tips of hair.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover with shower cap.
- The banana can stick to the hair shafts a bit, so you might need to add more oil depending on hair length, or wash twice to remove any residual mask away.