Strawberry coconut soup shooters (via Food 52) are a quick and easy appetizer or dessert. It is also dairy free! Strawberries are diced and marinated in sugar and lime juice. It is then blended with coconut milk (light coconut milk if you want less fat). It's a refreshing yet satisfying dish that would be wonderful to serve during the warmer months. A squeeze of lime really brightens the dish and it comes together in no time at all. Garnish with a touch of lime zest before serving for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- 8oz strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup low-fat canned coconut milk
- Additional small strawberries for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted shaved coconut for garnish
- Toss together the strawberries, sugar and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Let the mixture marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries and coconut milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into small serving glasses and garnish with strawberries and toasted coconut, if desired.