If you need another reason to eat pudding for breakfast, we’ve got an amazing way to make overnight oats with chia seeds that utilize your summer farmer’s market bounty.
This chia-oat base is amazing for multiple reasons: first, it’s easy to pair with any fruit and topping combinations you can dream up. Second, it’s easy to make ahead of time, so you can keep your fridge stocked for breakfast-on-the-go or afternoon snacks. Third, the overnight soak makes the chia and oats soft and fluffy like a dessert, but they’re way healthier!
With new Vanilla Cashew milk as the base for the pudding, these recipes have a subtle sweetness that makes them perfect for easy breakfasts or a light afternoon snack. Silk Vanilla Cashew milk has more calcium but less calories than regular dairy milk, so making the swap was an easy way to eat better without sacrificing flavor. Using vanilla is a more subtle way to incorporate the sweetness of the cashew milk without making me think I’ve begun eating a decadent dessert first thing in the morning.
- 2 tablespoons chia
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Silk Vanilla Cashew milk
- ½ peach
- ½ plum
- 2 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- Mix chia, oats, and Silk Vanilla Cashewmilk thoroughly.
- Divide into two serving containers.
- Refrigerate and allow to sit overnight for the oats to absorb the cashew milk.
- Once ready to eat, top with fruit, basil, and seeds.