With summer in full swing, it’s time to take a sweetened time out and break out the popsicle molds! Blended mangoes with vanilla almond milk and vanilla yogurt make the ultimate creamy popsicles.
Instead of water-based juice or kiddy drinks for the base of this popsicle, Heidi Larson of Foodie Crush uses a combo of real fruit, mangoes in this case, blended with Almond Breeze almond milk hint of honey vanilla and naturally sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt. Choose the hint of honey vanilla flavor because of it’s built in sweetness, hence, no need to add a bunch more sugar.
This recipe is both a solid mango pop and a striped mango pop. If you’re making solid pops, you’ll only need 3/4 cup of the almond milk. To make the striped pops, you’ll have a little extra mango mixture left over. To get the stripe, simply pour the blended mango mixture into the bottom 1/3 of the molds and freeze for about an hour. Add a few more chunks of chopped mango to the middle 1/3 of the mold and fill the molds to 2/3 full with the remaining 1/2 cup of the almond milk. Pop in your sticks and then freeze for another 30 minutes to an hour and then top with the rest of the mango mix and mango chunks.
To release the pops from their mold place the whole tray in a sink of warm-ish water, just under the edge of the top of the tray. Let them sit for 15-30 seconds and start wiggling them out of the plastic tray. To save individual pops wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze individually so they don’t stick.
- 4 mangoes, pitted and peeled
- 1¼ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla, divided
- ½ cup non-fat Greek vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste (optional)
- Place 3 mangoes, roughly chopped, into a blender with ¾ cup almond milk, yogurt and sugar to taste.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Chop the other mango into small pieces and add a few pieces into the bottoms of the popsicle molds.
- Pour the blended mango mixture into the bottom ⅓ of the mold and freeze for about an hour.
- Add a few more chunks of chopped mango to the middle ⅓ of the mold and fill the molds to ⅔ full with the remaining ½ cup of the almond milk.
- Pop in your sticks and then freeze for another 30 minutes to an hour and then top with the rest of the mango mix and mango chunks.
- Freeze for at least 3-5 hours.