Glycolic acid remains one of the best ways to rapidly exfoliate the skin. You can find glycolic acid in all types of serums, masks and scrubs for the face and body. Maybe you’ve wondered where glycolic acid comes from? Sugar cane juice! The Hawaiian Islands are filled with sugar cane fields everywhere you turn. And we can assure you that this tropical combination will leave your skin feeling more smooth and moisturized. Pineapple is high in Vitamin C, which is a wonderful antioxidant and also needed by the body to produce collagen. The combination of the sugar cane and pineapple will not only be a fantastic exfoliating scrub, but will also stimulate collagen production all over the body.
The Vitamin C is a very effective acne treatment. You can get rid of acne and acne marks by using this as a toner or applying and letting it dry and then washing it with cold water. Thus, pineapple for skin is one of the perfect remedies to make skin clear. As pineapple juice is full of Vitamin C and potassium, it is one of the best sources of anti-oxidants out there. The anti-oxidants not only boost your immunity but also help to keep your skin and body feel and look younger. So don’t just use the pineapple to beautify your glass of juice or cocktails but also consume its juice. It’s particularly refreshing in summers. Here’s a small tip – add few drops of lemon.
- 1 1/2 cup cane sugar- glycolic acid
- ½ cup walnut or coconut oil
- ¼ – ½ pineapple (1/2 cup puree)
- Depending on the size of your pineapple you may need ¼ to ½ of the pineapple meat (edible fruit) cut out of the pineapple to create a ½ cup of puree.
- Take cut pieces of the pineapple and place in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until a smooth consistency and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cane sugar and walnut oil into the bowl.
- If you have a nut allergy, feel free to swap out the walnut oil for coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix with a spoon thoroughly and for your next shower or bath, scrub the mixture onto your body, taking extra time at your knees and elbows.
- Rinse with warm water.